Tuesday 19 July 2016

Week 29 - Flowers - Craft Challenge at Digi Choosday for Polkadoodles


Shop on Etsy

--------------------------------------------------------------


It’s Digi Choosday and you know what that means...

Your discount code for this week is:
CHOOSE33
to save 33% on individual digi stamps (not bundles)
when you spend over     for today only
*EXPIRES MIDNIGHT 19/07/2016 EST
Just enter the code in the shop HERE

So with the summer holidays upon us we're all awash with new watery themed stash this week with the brand Meribelle Mermaid collection and the brand new Oceania clear stamps... for the first time get a 3 for 2 bundle which includes the black and white and coloured versions too, check them out HERE 


Now onto the new challenge:
Flowers
You can use any products you like to enter as long as it follows the theme for this week. We don’t have many rules but check them out in the top bar if you need to.
CLOSING DATE is 2nd August 2016, winners will be announced 9th August 2016
PRIZES: The random winner (chosen by Random.org) will receive £6.75 worth of downloads of your choice from the digi store!
The winner and top 3 for week 26 Bling, Glitter or Gems Challenge can be found at the bottom of this post.

So let’s see what the design team have made for us….


Lori - My card this week includes Winnie Sugar Sprinkles Springtime image and design sheets from the Winnie Sugar Sprinkles download collection - what a fun collection for our theme this week! I cut out the main image, butterfly, sentiment and flowers then popped some up with dimensional foam dots for depth and added pearls to the corners and flower centers.

Jacki - For my card I have used papers from the Winston collection and even made a paper by using flowers from the embellishment section over one of the existing papers. The Image is Winnie walking the dog from the new Starfish and Sandcastle download   which I have coloured with polychromo and derwent coloursoft pencil. The sentiment is also from the Winston collection, flowers & ribbon from my stash.
Jane S – Hello! “Rapunzel, Rapunzel let down your green hair”! Not too sure that’s quite right but anyway this gorgeous RAPUNZEL image from Nikky is one of four stunning Fairytale princesses that you can find HERE. I have them all obviously! J Have a lovely crafty day! xxx
AnjieI'm in a CAS mood still so my card today is very simple and I've used the ever so pretty Lemonade Fizz Collection. I printed the heart shaped petals and the leaves out a few times and used some distress inks to colour them. I then used some left over bits of paper from the same collection to make some pendents and mounted them onto a pearlescent card stock. I used one of the little stamps from the Lemonade Fizz stamp set to add a few little highlights on the white background and added some faux stitching and some twine. Finally I arranged things as I wanted them and glued everything  in place. And here is my make.


Jane P.- Summer is in full swing here in PA. and the flowers are taking a real beating in the heat, so it was refreshing being able to create a card using the Summertime Stamp Me Clear & CD Rom
Julie - At last some Sunshine, it's lovely seeing all my Garden in Bloom,  todays card is very simple and created using the fab Daisy Days Stamps and some spray inks in Turquoise and Green, creating my paper 'Garden in Bloom'.


Monica-For this challenge I made a tropical garden: lush, full of green leaves and strong colours flowers. Everything in my card is from Winnie Starfish & Sandcastles.

Tanya -  So I've been continuing with my holiday scrapbook pages and so this week's challenge of Flowers gave me a great opportunity to use some of the photos I took of the church in Monaco and the surrounding gardens.  I've used the lovely flowers and papers from the Magic Garden CD which you can get here.  More pictures and details on my blog. 
Fiki - For this week's make I have used the digi called Etty Shy from Winston Collection
I don't have cuttng machine so I have cut all the embellishments with scissors.  More details can be found on my blog.
Nancy - I decorated my pre-made box using the wonderful Winnie Fruit Punch Collection.
I fussy cut all the flowers from two of the full flower pages found in the florals file.
I also used four of the papers to decorate the inside and outside of the box. 
Gail - For this weeks challenge, I've made a little decorative hanging with a chipboard heart. I used one of the gorgeous papers from the Winnie Starfish and Sandcastles collection, available on CD-ROM or as an instant download, together with the brand new stamp Tropical Flowers 1.
Romina - For my card I have used "Dandelion Days" which you can find HERE  
I used a stencil to create some petals in the corner with distress ink. For my coloring I used alcohol markers, I don't know why but I want to used green on her hair... I love the result!

Great makes from the DT, I’m sure you will agree, we have some great ideas for you this week!

Winner Week 26 Bling, Glitter or Gems
The winner chosen at random by www.random.org is:
#5 Pearl
Please email us at sales@polkadoodles.co.uk quoting DCW026001 to claim your prize of £5 worth of downloads from the digi store!  
Grab your Badge from the top of the page to display on your blog.
Top 3 Design Team Favourites:

So, here are our
TOP TWO FAVOURITE FEATHER CHOICES
These are our Top Two entries that used a Polkadoodles image   
#36 Wendy Lynn
#31 Sue H
Well done Feathery friends! You have all been added to the Feathery league board - so now you can put a Feather in Your Cap and use our Feather badge on your blogs! 
Each week the league board will be updated so we can all keep track and at the end of the season our Winning Featherist will receive a special Polkadoodles prize! 
Thank you all so much for your entries, it means so much to us that you join us each week.

Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

1 comment :

  1. Gorgeous creations from the DT! All the flowers are so different and so beautiful! Thanks for the challenge Ladies!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining us at the Digi Choosday challenge! We love to hear from you so feel free to drop us a comment below! mwaah mwaah! xx